The gorgeous and emotional PS4 platformer stumbles a bit, but still manages to maintain its grace.
The act of moving through Bound’s unique, abstract, and utterly gorgeous world is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced in games. Developer Plastic, which previously worked on ambitious-if-not-strange PS3 projects like Datura and Linger in Shadows, has taken the simplistic core of a 3D platformer and injected it with some *impressive style and vision. While the camera can’t quite keep up with the world, the “how” and “what” of dancing through it makes Bound a memorable experience.

Though you might not be able to tell at first glance, the story is as simple as a fairytale: you play as a princess who sets out to protect her mother and her kingdom from a beast known as...wait for it...The Monster. But it only takes a second to realize that the princess moves with the elegance and precision of a ballerina – the way you can glide across the air, transition from one motion to another, and use her body as a canvas of expression is unlike any other character I can recall, and controls so well I felt like a dancer myself.

Continue reading…

Read More...